Follow us on an artistic odyssey around Wales, starting at Eisteddfod, 1 August 2015 The final stop is Wales Millennium Centre but before then we’re embarking on an exciting journey of inspiration on a tour of artists’ communities across Wales throughout August and early September as we seek to explore and capture a range of responses to ‘Awen’, the poetic muse.
Our journey starts on August 1 at Eisteddfod where we stay for the full week before heading off to Wrexham on a 21 stop tour of the country. Our bus is no ordinary bus as it will be equipped with some very fine media folk who will be videoing a wide range of creative responses in a pop up theatre space at the back. These will then be fed live by some fiendish Ceridwen-inspired magic to our ‘Cauldron of Inspiration’ which can be found in the foyer of Wales Millennium Centre between now and September 12.
So, why not catch up with us on tour, peer into our Cauldron if you’re in Wales or follow #awen2015.
Our tour is:
- (1 Aug – 8 Aug) Eisteddfod at Llangollen
- 10 August: Wrexham (morning) and Mold (afternoon)
- 11th August – Mold (morning), Llandudno (afternoon)
- 12 August – Aberdyfi (morning), Machynlleth (afternoon)
- 13 August – Newtown (morning), Aberystwyth (afternoon)
- 15 August – Cardigan
- 16 August – Narberth
- 18 August – Carmarthen
- 19 August – Swansea
- 20 August – Cilgerran
- 21-22 August – Green Man Festival, Crickhowell
- 26 August – Merthyr
- 27 August – Brecon
- 28 August – Penarth
- 29 August – Cardiff
- 31 August – Butetown Carnival, Cardiff
- 1 September – Penybont (morning), Porthmadog (afternoon)
- 2 September – Porthmadog (morning), Bangor (afternoon)
- 3 September – Llŷn Peninsula
- 4 September – Caernarfon
- 5 September – Portmeirion
Please note that some locations have yet to be confirmed and the tour bus itinerary may be subject to change. All changes and amendments will be flagged up on this site and we will also keep you informed via Facebook and Twitter.